Monday, September 19, 2016

The New Blues

This group of teenagers from Washburn Rural High School exploded onto the scene last year and have been tearing it up since their inception. Their sound is very similar to Cage The Elephant, but with more punk rock and heavy guitars. Singer/Guitarist Jake Cook belts his lyrics with the sincerity of Kurt Cobain, and slams his guitar with the energy of Jack White (high compliments, as far as I'm concerned). Bassist David Lowry lays down the rhythm smooth and with a high amount of groove. Percussionist Bennett Smith holds everything together with a solid beat and some tasteful drumming. Keyboardist Ethan Stanley is the icing on top with his strong chords and backing rhythms.

Though they don't have a large set of releases (only one, actually), I'm excited to hear more from them soon though. I hope that they keep it up. They don't have much on the calendar either but i'm hoping to see more soon.

Here's a link to their FaceBook and BandCamp:
FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/thenewbluespage/

2 comments:

  1. Cage the Elephants is still one of my favorite bands and they are pretty close to them. I hope they come up with more songs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked these guys up on Spotify and they are awesome! I've been listening to them for chill/study and background music!

    ReplyDelete